Small Box Series, Box Study 3, Acrylic on panel
Mary Lou Siefker is an 87 year old Broward County Artist ... moreSmall Box Series, Box Study 3, Acrylic on panel
Mary Lou Siefker is an 87 year old Broward County Artist that has been exhibiting her work since 1977. She has won numerous awards and fellowships. “Her canvases often break the barrier between abstract and representational art by alluding to both without being either. This inferred dichotomy is never contrived, instead, it is blessed with uncommon equilibrium. Each image captures the transcendental moment when essence becomes substance- flux reigns. Seifkers ethereal figures, devoid of recognizable features, posses a universal quality to them. They emote with their bodies in a subtle but, nevertheless, poignant way. Turns of a head, a hunched back, an unexpected void between forms are all crucial to the artists discourse. Siefkers handling of the elements of art is authoritative. Her somber backgrounds are far from dull. The brushwork, expressionistic in nature, energizes them while adding textural highlights. Siefker favors spiky, truncated, uneven lines. Her draftmanship, reminiscent of Moore and Giacometti, possesses a fidgety, calligraphic quality to it. Siefkers foreground palette is acerbic in tone - magentas, purples, and dark greens predominate. Every component in her compositions conjures to project a sense of alienation and displacement. Her oeuvre unequivocally reflects her milieu, a society where self-obsorption, and apathy are widespread.” -Jorge H. Santis, Curator of Collections Fort Lauderdale Museum of Art less
- 8ʺW × 2.75ʺD × 8ʺH
- 2000 - 2009
- Mary Lou Seifker
- Mary Lou Seifker
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Acrylic Paint
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.