This product is no longer available.
This is a stunning antique English limewood console table, dating to the second half of the 18th century. The style ...
moreThis is a stunning antique English limewood console table, dating to the second half of the 18th century. The style is transitional, with motifs from George II and George III. The table is surmounted by a beautiful verde marble top conforming to the rectangular apron with a slight overhang. The four legged consoles always had one undecorated side which would be placed against something, such as a wall, a sofa, etc. In the late 17th Century through the 18th Century, large console tables were a definite fashion statement for the aristocrat’s magnificent home.
This console table is adorned with carved motifs of large rams heads at the four corners combined with festoons of foliate and floral motifs emanating from their horns. All this is inspired from from Greek and Roman Temple Art. At the center front of the apron is an oval motif with a depiction of a Roman Emperor. To either side of the Emperor motif is a demi-figure of a lion with a foliate tail. The sides of the apron have the same foliate and floral festoons emanating from the horns with a central floral basket. The apron has linear motifs at the top and bottom and the feet are cloven hooves. This rare English console is very refined and will be the focal point of any room it is placed in.
H=36 5/8, L=70 3/8, D=35 3/8 less
- 70.38ʺW × 35.38ʺD × 36.62ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good overall condition with losses to some motifs and wood. Age separations, old wormwood, and some old restorations. Marble top ... moreGood overall condition with losses to some motifs and wood. Age separations, old wormwood, and some old restorations. Marble top likely added at a later date. less
- Louis XVI
- Place of Origin
- United Kingdom
- Table Shape
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.