Douglass Parshall - Tiled Fountain -Oil Painting - California Impressionist
oil painting on board -Signed
frame size 19 x 23" ... moreDouglass Parshall - Tiled Fountain -Oil Painting - California Impressionist
oil painting on board -Signed
frame size 19 x 23"
board size 16 x20"
Douglass Ewell Parshall was born in New York City on November 19, 1899. As a child he began to draw under the guidance of his father, Dewitt. By age ten he was painting landscapes, and at fifteen he had one of his works exhibited at the National Academy of Design. He later studied briefly at the Art Students League in New York City, Académie Julian in Paris, the Boston Museum School, and with Frank M. Fletcher. In 1917 he settled in Santa Barbara, California with his family and established a studio in Alexander Harmer's old adobe. Parshall traveled extensively seeking subject matter in the remote corners of the world. Using mixed media, his subject matter is very diverse including landscapes with figures, portraits, and horses. His works won many awards in California exhibitions. During the 1960s and 1970s he taught portraiture at the Santa Barbara Art Institute. Parshall died at his home in Montecito near Santa Barbara on August 29, 1990. Douglass Ewell Parshall was a member of the National Academy of Design; Society of Western Artists; California Art Club; Painters of the West; Santa Barbara Art Association; Los Angeles Art Association; California Watercolor Society (president 1947-48). His exhibitions include Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1918, 1921; National Academy of Design, New York City, 1924, 1927 (Hallgarten prize); Century of Progress, Chicago, 1933; De Young Museum, San Francisco, 1935; Golden Gate International Exposition, San Francisco, 1939; Crocker Art Gallery, Sacramento, 1942; California Watercolor Society, 1958, 1962, 1965 (prize). Parshall's works are in the collections of Warner Brothers Theater, Hollywood (murals); Santa Barbara Jr. High School (murals); Syracuse Museum, New York; Reading Museum, Pennsylvania; Kansas City Museum; San Diego Museum; National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.; Detroit Museum; M. H. de Young Museum, San Francisco; Oakland Museum; Santa Barbara Museum. less
- 23ʺW × 2ʺD × 19ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Oil Paint
- Art Subject
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
The DECASO Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on DECASO in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email email@example.com and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.