Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This extremely rare and striking Sougland-Aisne stored heat cooker is a work of outstanding design. This Art Nouveau-period cast iron ...
moreThis extremely rare and striking Sougland-Aisne stored heat cooker is a work of outstanding design. This Art Nouveau-period cast iron stove could either be fired with charcoal or wood, and has three “burners” on top with covers and concentric registers to fit different sizes of cooking pots, as well as to provide different levels of heat. The stove also features two ovens almost certainly kept at different temperatures, two warming ovens, and smaller drawer and a glass-paned double window, which could have served as a vent. Set upon pierced cast-iron feet, this cook stove also features a chimney flue, fuel storage, and a spigot and copper bucket for draining water. Original ceramic tiles serve both as insulation and charming decoration, and a brass rail provides additional safety. Similar stoves are featured in the 1930 Catalogue Sougland Aisne.
This elegant appliance is a true wonder of domestic antiques. Sougland stoves are considered by many to be the very finest of cook stoves. French-made and of the highest quality, they are very rare to find in the United States.
Labeled “Sougland-Aisne, No. 154” less
- 59ʺW × 31.25ʺD × 56.25ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Cast Iron
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.