Walter Dorwin Teague (1883 -1960), the renowned American Industrial designer, conceived this Art Deco camera and box (model no. 1A ... moreWalter Dorwin Teague (1883 -1960), the renowned American Industrial designer, conceived this Art Deco camera and box (model no. 1A Gift camera) in 1930 for the Christmas season, which was then fabricated by The Eastman Kodak Co. in Rochester NY. The folding camera is chrome-plated and enameled metal, leather and paper size 3.5 x 8 x 6.5. The top of the box features an array of intersecting geometric shapes in chestnut and cocoa brown, with a single ruby red orb with an overlapping chrome square. The box is cedar lined, enameled and inlaid with chrome. The sides are lacquered cedar. This is truly an incredible piece of Art Deco history in America. There is an example of this camera in the collection of the Brooklyn museum. Additionally, it is documented in the book "The Machine Age in America 1918 to 1941" ;"'20s and 30s Style" by Michael Horsham; and "American Modern 1925-1940: Design for a New Age" by J. Stewart Johnson. Teague's structured enamel design on the cedar box is repeated on the front of the camera. Excellent vintage condition, America, circa 1930. Dimensions: 3.5" D X 8.75" W X 2.5" H. less
- 8.75ʺW × 3.5ʺD × 2.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Art Deco
- Eastman Kodak
- Walter Dorwin Teague
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.