This product is no longer available.
This rare iteration of the iconic “Modernique" was designed for the Warren Telechron Company by Paul Frankl, circa 1928. During ... moreThis rare iteration of the iconic “Modernique" was designed for the Warren Telechron Company by Paul Frankl, circa 1928. During a time when the majority of electric clocks sold for around $5.00, this clock retailed for $50, earning it the nickname “the fifty dollar clock.” The stock market crash and Great Depression struck shortly after it’s introduction and, as a result, very few were produced and even fewer sold (we estimate fewer than 1500 in all). It features Machine Age numbering around the dial, circumscribed by a starburst motif in alternating bands of silver and white gold hues. It is inscribed "Telechron" in the center of the dial, below a circular ruby colored dot. The sides offer blocks of black and slate enamel with an inverted triangular form in chrome relief, while the top has been decorated in the same palette with a diamond motif (also in chrome). This stunning clock represents a great find for any avid collector of the period- an important piece of Deco history- or for someone looking for a gorgeous desk or table clock. It is inscribed on the back "Warren Telechron Co. Ashland, Mass. USA". It has been newly serviced and is in excellent vintage, with wear consistent with age. American, circa 1928 Dimensions: 5.5” D X 5.75” W X 8” H. less
- 5.75ʺW × 5.5ʺD × 8ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Warren Telechron Co.
- Paul Frankl
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.