This product is no longer available.
This classic chronometer pocket watch features delicate reed shaped hour and minutes hands on the main dial, roman numerals, and ... moreThis classic chronometer pocket watch features delicate reed shaped hour and minutes hands on the main dial, roman numerals, and an hour maker circumscribing the perimeter of the face in a ruby red Art Deco font. "Waltham," the watchmaker's mark, is inscribed in the center of the face in a capital gothic font against the buttermilk background. There is a subdial at the bottom of the face counting seconds. If one places their ear next to the timepiece, he/she can hear the gentle, perfectly rhythmic ticking of the mechanism. The half hunter cover around the perimeter has been stamped with an elegant foliate pattern and the exhibition back has been chased with linear ribbing and an undulating wave pattern. The bow has also been stamped with a foliate pattern. It attaches to a brass chain, ending in a brass clip that has been stamped with a single diamond in the center and subtle Art Deco geometric patterning throughout. The piece comes in a enameled tin case, with a black felt interior, that exhibits a wonderfully aged patina. While the timepiece is exceptional in its own right, the case makes it an especially rare and compelling find. This is an excellent example of old world American craftsmanship and Art Deco design at its best. It would make a lovely gift for any timepiece enthusiast, or really anyone with an appreciation for aesthetically compelling and superbly crafted objects. Good vintage condition. American, Circa 1940 Dimensions: .5"H X 2"Diameter less
- 2ʺW × 2ʺD × 0.5ʺH
- Art Deco
- Condition Notes
- GOOD GOOD less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.