This important Mid-Century Modernist cocktail table was realized by the celebrated Mexican designer Arturo Pani, circa 1945. Pani represents one ... moreThis important Mid-Century Modernist cocktail table was realized by the celebrated Mexican designer Arturo Pani, circa 1945. Pani represents one of the founders of Mexican Modernism, pioneering what is known as the "Acapulco look" which references the opulent aesthetic of the Aztecs- replete with mirrored and gilded surfaces. He was responsible for designing furniture and decorating the interiors for the elite- aristocrats, politicians, silver barons etc.- throughout mid-20th century of Mexico. He left an indelible mark on modern design, developing an international following of collectors. This cocktail table epitomizes the qualities that collectors look for- including the exquisite craftsmanship, idiosyncratic lines, and luxurious materials- in a piece by Arturo Pani. It features five scroll form supports on plinth bases that attach to the a lower tier by a circular gilded bronze ball. The bottom bronze tier has been finished in reverse Verre Églomisé detailing, while the top tier is realized in translucent glass. The piece features a stunning and even patina throughout. While excellent examples of Pani's practice are rare in themselves, it is even rarer to find one in such first-rate condition. This piece is a treasure for any true collector of Mid-Century design. It would pair exceptionally well with virtually any style of interior- from neoclassical to ultra modern. Excellent condition, Mexico, Circa 1950 Dimensions: 13" H X 49.5" diameter. less
- 49.5ʺW × 49.5ʺD × 13ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Arturo Pani
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.