Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This rare and exquisite rose medallion porcelain bowl was realized in China, likely for an American market, circa 1840, when ... moreThis rare and exquisite rose medallion porcelain bowl was realized in China, likely for an American market, circa 1840, when the West demonstrated a voracious demand for products of the east, especially silk tea and porcelain. This stunning piece dates to the rule of Emperor Daoguang, the eighth emperor of the Qing dynasty. It is an example of Fencai pottery, a "Famille Rose" palette- here applied in tones of rose quartz, robin's egg blue and jade- set against a white background. Additionally, 24 karat gold leaf has been applied throughout, as well as intricate detailing in shades of onyx and lapis lazuli. The bowl depicts vignettes of the royal court along with garden scenes featuring song birds, butterflies, quince trees, and blossoming peonies. There are also scenes of rushing and pooling water with overhanging juniper trees. The bowl rests on an original hand-carved rosewood base, etched with foliate details at its top and cloud motifs sculpted into each of its five scroll form legs. George Washington, among other founding fathers, custom ordered Porcelain wares from China during this period, reflecting a growing interest in the aesthetic of the Orient. The market for bowls from this period remains as robust as ever before. In 2008, Christie's sold another Chinese porcelain bowl (c. 1780) to a private European collector for over $100,000. There is a tiny chip along the rim (approximately 3cm in length). Overall, this item is in excellent condition, especially for an unrestored object over 150 years old. China, circa 1840 Dimensions: 16.5" height X 23.5" diameter. less
- 16.5ʺW × 16.5ʺD × 23.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.