Mid-Century Modernist William Pye abstract collage in shades of blue and orange, 1967, hand signed by the artist and dated ... moreMid-Century Modernist William Pye abstract collage in shades of blue and orange, 1967, hand signed by the artist and dated 1967. Attractively framed by a gallery style 24-karat partially giltwood frame. Measures: 22.75" H X 31" W. This striking abstract collage depicting a blue Silhouette dancing against an orange flame. William Pye (born 1938, London) is a British sculptor known particularly for his water sculptures. Pye is the son of Sir David Randall Pye FRS, a mechanical engineer and academic administrator. He attended the Dragon School in Oxford. He subsequently studied at Wimbledon School of Art (1958–61) and the Royal College of Art (1961–65)] He became known for his sculptures in metal, stone and especially water. In the 1960s, Pye's sculptures were abstract using metal and stone. In the 1970s, he produced abstract geometrical works using stainless steel, sometimes including Kinetic aspects. He has undertaken major commissions including: "Jet Stream" and "Slipstream"’ water sculptures at the North Terminal at Gatwick Airport, England (1987). A 13×70m wall of water and entrance at the British Pavilion of the Seville Expo '92 at Seville, Spain (1992). "Tetra Trellis", a tetrahedron-shaped water sculpture in stainless steel water sculpture at Tetra Pak UK Headquarters (1993). "Derby Cascade", Market Square, Derby, England (1995). "Vannpaviljong", Stromso Square, Drammen, Norway (2011). Pye's sculptures are also to be found at Antony House and The Vineyard Hotel. He has had many exhibitions of his sculptures in the UK and elsewhere since his first solo exhibition in 1966 at the Redfern Gallery in London. He has received many awards, including being elected Honorary Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects in 1993. less
- 31ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 22.75ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- GOOD GOOD less
- Art Subject
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.