Mid-Century Modernist William Pye abstract collage in shades of blue and orange, 1967, hand signed by the artist and dated ... moreMid-Century Modernist William Pye abstract collage in shades of blue and orange, 1967, hand signed by the artist and dated 1967. Attractively framed by a gallery style 24-karat partially giltwood frame. Measures: 22.75" H X 31" W. This striking abstract collage depicting a blue Silhouette dancing against an orange flame. William Pye (born 1938, London) is a British sculptor known particularly for his water sculptures. Pye is the son of Sir David Randall Pye FRS, a mechanical engineer and academic administrator. He attended the Dragon School in Oxford. He subsequently studied at Wimbledon School of Art (1958–61) and the Royal College of Art (1961–65)] He became known for his sculptures in metal, stone and especially water. In the 1960s, Pye's sculptures were abstract using metal and stone. In the 1970s, he produced abstract geometrical works using stainless steel, sometimes including Kinetic aspects. He has undertaken major commissions including: "Jet Stream" and "Slipstream"’ water sculptures at the North Terminal at Gatwick Airport, England (1987). A 13×70m wall of water and entrance at the British Pavilion of the Seville Expo '92 at Seville, Spain (1992). "Tetra Trellis", a tetrahedron-shaped water sculpture in stainless steel water sculpture at Tetra Pak UK Headquarters (1993). "Derby Cascade", Market Square, Derby, England (1995). "Vannpaviljong", Stromso Square, Drammen, Norway (2011). Pye's sculptures are also to be found at Antony House and The Vineyard Hotel. He has had many exhibitions of his sculptures in the UK and elsewhere since his first solo exhibition in 1966 at the Redfern Gallery in London. He has received many awards, including being elected Honorary Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects in 1993. less
- 31ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 22.75ʺH
- Condition Notes
- GOOD GOOD less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.