Mid-Century Modernist lithograph by Allen Jones (1937- ) Pop-Art print on paper Untitled 1965. With the Chiron press blindstamp Edition 97 ... moreMid-Century Modernist lithograph by Allen Jones (1937- ) Pop-Art print on paper Untitled 1965. With the Chiron press blindstamp Edition 97/225 This dynamic lithograph was realized by the celebrated British Pop artist, Allen Jones, circa 1965. Jones was a student of the Royal College of London and a contemporary of canonized masters including David Hockney and R.B. Kitaj. His most famous body of work- a sculptural series entitled "Hatstand, Table, Chair," executed a few years after this print- realized over $3 million dollars at Christie's London in 2013. This print features a powder blue rhombus in the center of the composition with hot red "femme fatale" lips floating in the center. A bulbous black form, perhaps an abstracted wisp of smoke, extends from these lips with a tail-like form meandering downwards. The grayish-blue rhombus sits in front of an electric blue and black background, resembling perfectly formed paint spills, and overlaps a striped tie that appears to be fluttering in the wind. The tie, as well as the shadow it casts, repeats the color scheme of the composition- the fire engine red lips, royal and powder blues as well as the white of the paper on which the images are printed. Jones deftly plays with movement, perspective and depth to create a work that embodies the energized palate and comic sensibility of 1960s pop at its best. The work comes presented in a gallery custom brushed chrome frame. England, Circa 1969 Provenance: From the estate of Maxine Pines. Dimensions: 21.75"H X 16.75W" less
- 16.75ʺW × 1ʺD × 21.75ʺH
- Pop Art
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.