Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This sumptuous Meissen porcelain mirror is a work of astounding artistry and rarity that would only have been created for ...
moreThis sumptuous Meissen porcelain mirror is a work of astounding artistry and rarity that would only have been created for the most affluent clients. Exquisitely hand-painted in polychrome with gilt accents, the bountiful frame is adorned with all manner of classic Rococo decoration, including a wide variety of highly detailed flowers, birds and putti, or cherubs. A pair of candle arms extends from either side, which allows the mirror to reflect candle light and illuminate a room.
Founded in the early 18th century, the Meissen factory was the first European ceramics manufacturer to produce "true" or hard-paste porcelain and remained unrivaled in terms of innovation and beauty for decades. Though the formula for hard-paste porcelain gradually found its way across Europe, the Royal Manufactory at Meissen continued to produce some of the finest porcelain works the world had ever seen. Creating such a mirror was a painstaking process, and the enormous decorative detail is an indication of the incredible level of skill attained by Meissen artists. A large item such as this would only have been created for the most affluent of clients. Considering the delicate nature of porcelain, this mirror remarkably remains in excellent condition. less
- 41ʺW × 1ʺD × 70ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Meissen Porcelain
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- This incredible mirror remains in excellent condition This incredible mirror remains in excellent condition less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.