Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
The yuan dynasty was established by kublai khan, the grandson of genghis khan, upon relocating the capital of his empire ...
moreThe yuan dynasty was established by kublai khan, the grandson of genghis khan, upon relocating the capital of his empire from mongolia to beijing. The forbidden city was constructed, a relative oasis of mongolian culture in the heart of china. While the mongol elite retained their native language and customs, they did adapt the chinese system of bureaucratic government and cemented the authoritarian rule of the emperor. Although they were unaffected by chinese culture, the yuan did little to stifle the native traditions and beliefs of their subjects. Buddhism continued to flourish, although the monasteries received little funding from the state. In fact, during the yuan dynasty, china first began to open up to foreigners. Christian and hindu missionaries were established in beijing and marco polo made his famous journey during the yuan era. While the chinese never accepted the yuan as a legitimate dynasty, instead viewing them as foreign bandits, the mongolians rebelled against the beijing khans for becoming, “too chinese.” In the end, the yuan dynasty had the shortest duration of the major chinese dynasties, lasting little more than a hundred years.
Buddhism in china experienced a revival during the yuan period, reversing centuries of decline and repression following the great persecution of 845 a.D. Unlike the native chinese rulers of the later tang period who viewed buddhism as a corrupting foreign influence, the yuan rulers, like most of their fellow mongol khanates, were much more tolerant of religious diversity. Under the yuan, tibetan buddhism was declared an official religion of china and tibetan lamas were invited to the royal courts. Texts were translated and elements of buddhism were fused with native taoist and confucian traditions. However, this revival was short-lived, as once the ming dynasty overthrew the yuan, they expelled the lamas from the court and denounced this form of buddhism as unorthodox. less
- 8.5ʺW × 8.5ʺD × 10.5ʺH
- 15th Century & Earlier
- Place of Origin
- Terra Cotta
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.