Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Please update measurements.
Although not inscribed, this remarkably large figure can be identified as a depiction of osiris, god of ... morePlease update measurements.
Although not inscribed, this remarkably large figure can be identified as a depiction of osiris, god of the hereafter, on the basis of his costume and attributes. That costume is designed as a tightly-fitting garment, doubtless intended to represent the fine linen bandages in which his mummy was enveloped. A slit in the bandages permits the god’s left hand to protrude so that he can hold the flail, one of his traditional attributes. The flail, used by ancient farmers for the threshing of grain, associates osiris with the agricultural cycles of the land and reinforces his authority as the lord of resurrection. Just as wheat grows anew after a winter of dormancy, so, too, will the deceased be resurrected in the hereafter.
The face of osiris is characterized by idealizing features consistent with the principle that he will be physically fit and free of all physical defects forever. A false beard, originally associated with goats, is attached to his chin. By means of the principles of sympathetic magic, the sexually charged associations of the goat are metaphorically transferred to osiris. The white crown of upper egypt, his traditional headdress, completes his costume and this is fronted by a uraeus, or sacred cobra.
The scale and technique of our image of osiris suggests that it was created during the third intermediate period (dynasty xxi-xxv), roughly 1000-650 b.C. The missing left arm was apparently accidentally destroyed and not restored in modern times.
Dr. Robert steven bianchi less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.