Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Please update measurements.
“The white crown is set on your head. You seized the crook and the flail when you ... morePlease update measurements.
“The white crown is set on your head. You seized the crook and the flail when you were (still) in the womb and had not (yet) emerged onto the earth” the book of the dead this exceptional piece of egyptian metalwork, a votive offering, survives to us from the late dynastic period. Osiris, god of the underworld, is truly resplendent in typical regalia; depicted in-the-round in mummiform with both arms crooked at the elbow with hands drilled and positioned for crook and flail (now lost). The crook, representing the shepherd and the flail, symbolizing the punishments deemed necessary to retain authority were osiris’s essential attributes and became the insignia of pharaonic authority. No two objects were more closely associated with the rulers’ dominion over egypt and would have been bestowed upon the pharaoh upon accession. The white atef crown with moulded serpent is worn solely by osiris and sobek and is emblematic for the cult of osiris. It combines the hedjet – crown of upper egypt – with frontal uraeus serpent, ram horns and ostrich feathers, representing truth, justice, morality and balance at the sides. Apertures at the front and sides indicate these would have been attached in antiquity. The facial features and cosmetic lines, demarcated by blue enamel, retain an exceptional level of detailing. The original inlay for the eyes and rather playful expression serve to enhance the humanistic appeal of this piece. The slightly curving royal beard with clear striations represents … and is joined to the chest by a strut. Incised collar around the neck can be seen on the reverse. The tang beneath the feet indicates the statue would originally have been mounted and has been used, for your convenience to set the statue upon a custom-made wooden base. In exceptional condition with an attractive variegated blue and green patina over whole. Excitement was caused recently in january 2015 by the discovery of osiris’s tomb in thebes. The enormous ancient reproduction of the mythical tomb as described by egyptian legend dates back to 25th or 26th dynasty. For comparable examples, cf. Christies, new york, dec. 2008, Lot no. 22. less
- 1ʺW × 1ʺD × 10.82ʺH
- 15th Century & Earlier
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.