Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Conical female figurine portrayed standing, her large squatted vest folded at the bottom in four creases, her bulging shoulders and ...
moreConical female figurine portrayed standing, her large squatted vest folded at the bottom in four creases, her bulging shoulders and bent arms close to the body. Both breasts and the necklace are applied on the body. The angular face with applied facial features comprising continuous lines in relief as eyebrows, sunken rounded eyes below, mouth and nose converging into a protruding beak. The hair combed backwards between two enlarged upturned earlobes. Her hands palms down and attached to the vest. Figurines with similarly applied facial features have been traditionally ascribed to the bajaur valley at the border between pakistan and india, in the sphere of influence of the early harappan civilization during the so called regionalisation era (2800-2600 bc).
Incredibly enough, the extraordinary blend of realism -imbued in the detailed torso and arms of this figurine, and surrealism -of her large facial traits- would not feel out of place in a contemporary setting, thus transcending the boundaries of time and space.
For a discussion on harappan figurines see: j.M. Kenoyer, ancient cities of the indus valley civilization, 1998. less
- 2ʺW × 2ʺD × 4.5ʺH
- 15th Century & Earlier
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
- Place of Origin
- Terra Cotta
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.