Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Please update measurements.
Carved from sandstone, this magnificent model of a temple façade appears to rise from the desert dunes ... morePlease update measurements.
Carved from sandstone, this magnificent model of a temple façade appears to rise from the desert dunes. The architecture consists of four columns mounted over a fairly large base with a lintel above. Compared to the size and complexity of some egyptian temples, this one appears to be quite modest. It might also reflect the influx of greek ideals as related to architecture. However, despite the similarities to greek buildings, this temple is purely egyptian. The lintel is decorated with a central winged solar disk flanked by two rearing uraei cobras, typical egyptian symbols. The base features a central plaque into which a symbol has been etched three times. The symbol consists of an ankh resting in what appears to be a shallow basket flanked by two staffs. A column of pseudo-glyphs has been inscribed on either side of this central panel. As well, two of the columns have been decorated with empty cartouches. Might this temple model have once served as a soviegner for a foreign merchant to take home with him? Perhaps it was a model of a famous temple? Perhaps it was used as a building model to show the patron before construction began? This temple façade is a stunning work of art in itself, but it also symbolizes the glories of egyptian architecture and this civilization as a whole. less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.