Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Procreation is the fundamental force of life. Its power is both physically and emotionally overwhelming and laced with mystery. When ... moreProcreation is the fundamental force of life. Its power is both physically and emotionally overwhelming and laced with mystery. When one comes across the representation of a woman giving birth alone, this emotion is amplified ten fold. The concept of a woman giving birth without assistance is incredible to conceive of in a modern society; yet necessity has often required such acts of strength and determination. This woman of ancient costa rica must have struggled hard simply to survive in a harsh environment, and she must fight even harder for her child. This resolution is visible on her deftly carved face, a face filled with emotion and anguish. As she pulls the child into the world, the pain intensifies, increasing with every movement. Though the child is small, it must remain strong to survive. The volcanic stone is an embodiment of the strength this noble woman possesses. She exudes a powerful emotion in her distress, yet at the same time an exemplary determination. The simplicity of the sculpture and lack of ornamentation adds elegance and power to the figure. Can we imagine the emotion and feeling of such an act? Is such fortitude and courage conceivable? Clearly it can be, we just need to be willing and embrace the emotion with an open heart and mind. less
- 8ʺW × 1.8ʺD × 13.75ʺH
- 15th Century & Earlier
- Place of Origin
- Costa Rica
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.