Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Please update measurements.
Most frequently identified as goddess of the hunt, diana (known to the greeks as artemis) was particularly ... morePlease update measurements.
Most frequently identified as goddess of the hunt, diana (known to the greeks as artemis) was particularly concerned with periods of transition, i.E., The rites of passage of virgins becoming women, or young boys becoming men through hunting or war. Though eternally virginal herself, she presided over childbirth and the rearing of children. In fact, as soon as she was born, diana helped her mother give birth to her twin brother apollo. Her own transformation occurred at the famous temple of ephesus where she became an “earth mother” with multiple breasts.
Here, she is depicted in her more traditional role as that of the huntress. She wears a belted chiton so finely pleated as to resemble a wooly coat. Traces of her famed quiver, one of her telltale attributes, are evident behind right shoulder. An exceptionally realized figure, with a highly animated pose and striking modeling of the body and garment, this sculpture is a roman version based on a greek original made by the sculptor kephisodotos during the 4th century b.C. Though a fragment of the life-size statue, we can begin to imagine the completed state of this work by comparing it to the greek original on which it is based. Judging by the exquisite artistry evident in this sculpture, we can assume that this was a worthy replica of the influential masterpiece. Surely, diana would be proud to have such a gorgeous monument memorialize her. less
- 1ʺW × 1ʺD × 35.5ʺH
- 15th Century & Earlier
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.