Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
The historical figure, buddha gautama sakyamuni is the buddha of compassion who, having achieved the highest evolutionary perfection, turns suffering ... moreThe historical figure, buddha gautama sakyamuni is the buddha of compassion who, having achieved the highest evolutionary perfection, turns suffering into happiness for all living beings. Born around 560 b.C. Somewhere between the hills of south nepal and the rapti river, his father was a raja who ruled over the northeastern province of india, the district including the holy ganges river. The young prince was married to yashoda when he was about 17 years old and together they had a son named rahula. At the age of 29, he left his life of luxury, as he felt compelled to purify his body and make it an instrument of the mind by ridding himself of earthly impulses and temptations. Here, the buddha is seated in the vajraparyanka lotus posture (padmasana) resting his arms in the bhumisparsa mudra, or “gesture of touching the earth.” A symbol of unshakable faith and resolution, this mudra portrays the buddha taking the earth as his witness. He is dressed in flowing robes that cascade over the base upon which he rests. The edges of his garment are adorned with inlaid mirror panels, although much of this decoration has disappeared over time. His hair is composed of tight coils, and he features a large ushnisa, the bump on the top of his head symbolic of his infinite wisdom. The general appearance associated with the buddha characterizes him partly as a noble human being and ideal ruler and partly as superhuman. The elegance and spirituality of the buddha form is well conceived in this chinese representation. less
- 33ʺW × 1ʺD × 40ʺH
- 15th Century & Earlier
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.