Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Displaying a level of porcelain artistry unlike anything we have ever seen before, this spectacular pair of Meissen urns truly ... moreDisplaying a level of porcelain artistry unlike anything we have ever seen before, this spectacular pair of Meissen urns truly epitomizes the majesty of Meissen. Standing over four feet tall, these urns are a symphony of the Rococo aesthetic, dominated by a plethora of realistic flowers, rocaille decorations and graced by cherubs and nymphs detailing the seasons of Autumn and Summer. Creating such elaborate pieces was a painstaking process, and the enormous decorative detail on this magnificent pair is an indication of the incredible level of skill attained by Meissen craftsmen. The floral finial alone, with every individual petal and leaf executed in striking detail, was certainly an ambitious undertaking even for the most gifted porcelain artist. Monumental, ornate works such as these urns were seldom created. They would only have been crafted for the most affluent of the manufactory’s clients, which included nobility throughout Europe, or made specifically for showing at the great international exhibitions. Considering the delicate nature of porcelain, these majestic urns remain in remarkably excellent condition. Founded in the early 18th century, the Meissen factory remained unrivaled in terms of innovation and beauty for decades. Though the formula for hard-paste porcelain gradually found its way across Europe, the Royal Manufactory at Meissen continued to produce some of the finest pieces the world had ever seen. Exquisitely crafted figures of all sizes, along with dinner services and artistic objects were all part of the Meissen repertoire. Spectacular, palatial-sized masterpieces such as these urns became showpieces for the factory, though their expense and complexity limited their production. Each urn bears the Meissen blue crossed swords mark and the model number "1065.", circa 1880 50 1/4" high. less
- 24ʺW × 24ʺD × 50.25ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Meissen Porcelain
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.