This product is no longer available.
A work of extraordinary ingenuity and rarity, this Irish mechanical dining table transforms into a fully stocked games table with ... moreA work of extraordinary ingenuity and rarity, this Irish mechanical dining table transforms into a fully stocked games table with just a few turns. Crafted of impeccable Cuban mahogany, the table exhibits a striking patina and a beautifully sculpted base. Its most impressive feature, however, is its gilt bronze crank and complex internal mechanism, which has been fully reconditioned to function seamlessly. Turn the table’s top counterclockwise, and the center rises to reveal four cut glass decanters. Once lowered again, a turn of the crank counterclockwise opens six drawers in the table’s frieze, each holding an assortment of games, from cards, chess and checkers to Parcheesi, boules and cribbage - and even a horse-racing game! Turn the crank back and six more drawers pop open, holding cut glass tumblers, inkwells, nib pens and ashtrays to ensure that a relaxing time is had by all. Metamorphic furniture has a diverse and well-documented history. These fascinating furnishings represent a marriage of ingenuity and craftsmanship, and were as mechanically complex as they were beautiful. Today, these pieces are among the most desirable of all antique furnishings, representing the limitless imagination and skill of the cabinetmaker. Circa 1900 with updated internal components 74" diameter x 30 3/4" high less
- 74ʺW × 74ʺD × 30.75ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Table Shape
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.