Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
An exceptionally rare objet d'art, this opulent and incredibly rare French miniature clock is crafted of solid 18-karat gold and ... moreAn exceptionally rare objet d'art, this opulent and incredibly rare French miniature clock is crafted of solid 18-karat gold and jade. Crafted by Parisian jeweler Paul Frey and retailed by Gompers, this handcrafted masterpiece is exemplary of the Art Nouveau aesthetic, boasting exquisite gold mounts hand-cast with unmistakable Gothic elements, including gargoyles and grotesque figures, accentuated by intricate foliate motifs. The resplendent, rich green jade column provides the perfect contrast; gracefully twisting in an elegant display of beauty and craftsmanship. The vast majority of such luxurious objects were composed of gilt bronze, making 18K gold specimen an exceptional rarity of French decorative art. Renowned for his innovative designs, French jewelry designer and manufacturer Paul Frey were a leading name in the creation of high Art Nouveau jewelry. His superlative workmanship was masterfully combined with the most luxurious materials such as precious stones and metals. Frey's unparalleled creations earned him great prestige, especially at the great International Exhibitions, including his winning of the silver medal at the Exhibition Universelle in 1900 and the Gold Medal at the Milan exhibition of 1906. This clock bears the "PF" makers mark for Paul Frey and is signed "GOMPERS PARIS" on the reverse. Several mounts bear the assay mark of the Greek physician's head in a hexagon, indicating it was crafted between 1838-1919 in Paris of 18K gold. The original protective case that accompanies this objet d'art contains a pocket holding the winding key and bears the gold labeling "GOMPERS / Joaillier / 28 Place Vendôme / PARIS / MONTE CARLO / AIX LEX BAINS / Deauville" Late 19th to Early 20th Century Measures: Clock 2" wide x 2" deep x 5 3/8" high Case 3 1/2" wide x 4" deep x 8" high. less
- 2ʺW × 2ʺD × 5.38ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Art Nouveau
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.