Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Superior craftsmanship and elegant adornment characterize these exceptional, matching pair of mahogany twin beds by François Linke, the most ... moreSuperior craftsmanship and elegant adornment characterize these exceptional, matching pair of mahogany twin beds by François Linke, the most influential and distinguished French ébéniste of his time. Credited for designing highly innovative furnishings by infusing Rococo style and the latest trends of Paris, these Louis XVI-style Linke beds exemplify the wonderful talent of this truly original artisan. Beautifully embellished with doré bronze mounts of the absolute highest order, the beds are exceptional works of art. The nature of Linke's business was divided into two broadly based groups, both of which moved his career into the wealthiest of social circles. The established decorating partnership of Carlhian & Beaumetz, quickly became one of Linke's biggest clients, and their name appears in Linke's records frequently between 1888-1910. Carlhian & Beaumetz commissioned from Linke numerous pieces for highly prominent and significant buyers such as the Hamptons of Pall Mall, the Duveens, Arabella Huntington and the Hindleys. In fact, in 1905, Hindley, an important English furniture maker and retailer, distributed a catalogue for his Bond Street store, which almost solely featured Linke furniture. Linke's private patronage of influential socialites also grew rapidly. Records show commissions for Kaiser Wilhelm II, the Katzensteins, Elias Meyer, the King of Egypt, Faud I and the Devotos, wealthy aristocrats of Italy and Argentina. Today, the regard for Linke's creations is unwavering and it is even more rewarding to obtain a piece of furniture by this incredible ébéniste, one of the most important furniture makers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Each bed is signed "F. Linke." A similar pair of twin beds are featured in François Linke 1855-1946: The Belle Époque of French Furniture by Christopher Payne, 2003, page 445, Plate 526. circa 1890. Measures: 46 3/4" wide x 85 3/4" length x 62" high. less
- 46.75ʺW × 85.75ʺL × 62ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- François Linke
- François Linke
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Bed Size
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.