Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This incredibly rare pair of antique candlesticks, comprised of beautifully polished agate stone mounted in gilded silver, was crafted by ... moreThis incredibly rare pair of antique candlesticks, comprised of beautifully polished agate stone mounted in gilded silver, was crafted by Edward Farrell, one of the finest craftsmen working in the Rococo Revival style. Opulent yet well-balanced, with wide octagonal bases, scallop bobeches and an intricate floral motif, these intriguing lights were most certainly made for an affluent member of society. Farrell, who worked with Paul Storr, excelled at creating highly figurative, elaborate pieces, and was known as a specialist in historical plate. He also supplied Frederick, the Duke of York, with monumental and ambitious works through his association with silversmith and jeweler Kensington Lewis. Exceptional in detail and execution, these fabulous candlesticks are superb examples of Farrell’s genius. Similar candlesticks were crafted by Royal Goldsmiths Robert Garrard & Co. of London, formerly owned by the Duke of Buckingham (1797-1861), and later by Sir Anthony Rothschild of the powerful and prominent Rothschild family. Hallmarked London, 1823 5 1/4” wide x 7 5/8” high Agate was highly valued as a talisman or amulet in ancient times, and has been collected by royalty since antiquity. Many museums in Europe, including the Louvre, have spectacular examples. To find a box of such outstanding quality and artistry on the market is quite rare. less
- 5.25ʺW × 5.25ʺD × 7.63ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.