Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Crafted by French master silversmith Jean-Baptiste-François Chéret, this period Louis XV tureen boasts exceptional decoration, including delicate and ... moreCrafted by French master silversmith Jean-Baptiste-François Chéret, this period Louis XV tureen boasts exceptional decoration, including delicate and refined engraving, shell and acanthus accents, and a remarkably detailed cast finial of cauliflower, celery and carrots. Thanks to a very strict guild system, French silver has always been among the finest in the world. It was also subject to the various fiscal crises of the late 17th and 18th centuries, as both Louis XIV and Louis XV issued edicts demanding that all silver be brought to the mint for melting, with the resulting coin to be used to replenish depleted state treasuries. French silver from this extravagant era survives only in relatively small quantities, and is thus in great demand by collectors. The tureen is marked on the interior lid and underside. The large object charge mark identified as a crown over the letter “A” made of a trumpet and vines was used in Paris after 1783. The mark of the Maison Commune, identified as a crown over the number 84 over entwined flora, was used in Paris in the year 1784. Hallmarked Paris, 1784. Measures: 8” wide x 14”’ length x 10 3/4” high. Jean-Baptiste-François Chéret became a master gold and silversmith in 1759, when he was just thirty-one years old. He later became a tax inspector, testing pieces of silver to ensure that they contained the correct quantity of metals, and rose to become a chief inspector. less
- 14ʺW × 8ʺD × 10.75ʺH
- Louis XV
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.