Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A symphony of glass and brass, this outstanding gas chandelier was crafted by F. & C. Osler, the leading makers ... moreA symphony of glass and brass, this outstanding gas chandelier was crafted by F. & C. Osler, the leading makers of chandeliers in the 19th century. Designed in an elegant, classically-inspired style, this stunning five-light fixture is constructed of moulded and cut-glass in a variety of styles, including columns, fans and prismatic drops, accented by delicate brass hardware. The Birmingham firm of Osler was established by Thomas Osler in 1807, when he joined a Mr. Shakespeare's glasshouse at Hockley. His sons Follett and Clarkson renamed the firm F. & C. Osler and by 1851, they were one of Britain's leading glassmakers. The firm created a twenty-seven foot glass fountain, an eight-month undertaking, which formed the centrepiece of the entire Great Exhibition of 1851. Amongst their other displays were glass busts of celebrity figures, as well as a pair of eight-foot candelabra, now at Osborne House on the Isle of Wight, which Queen Victoria presented to Prince Albert in 1849. The gasolier is stamped with a Patent Office Design Registry mark for 20th March 1879, registered design number 333560, and has been converted for electricity. circa 1879 Measures: 49 1/2" high. less
- 27ʺW × 27ʺD × 51ʺL
- Mid 19th Century
- F. & C. Osler
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.