Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This exceptional singing bird cylinder music box is a wonder of Austrian mechanical ingenuity. Not only does it play a ... moreThis exceptional singing bird cylinder music box is a wonder of Austrian mechanical ingenuity. Not only does it play a selection of classical airs with remarkable tone and clarity, but its lush sound is accompanied by a colorful, animated, singing bird automaton. Set in a beautiful inlaid case with satinwood floral and musical motifs, the music box plays six airs, listed on the inside lid, producing a pleasing and cheerful "mandolin" sound on two combs. The mechanical bird, set in a nest complete with tiny bird eggs, sings along while music box plays. His beak, wings, tail, head and body all move as he performs, as a grouping of levers between the combs controls his movements and the set of pipes produce his beautiful song. A rare improvement on the basic cylinder music box, the mandolin box achieved its melodious sound by having up to eight teeth on the comb tuned to each note, or to the tones used in the tunes played. This type of music box was awarded a place in the International Exhibition of 1876 in Philadelphia, held by the United States Centennial Commission to celebrate the nation's 100th birthday. The seal for this is displayed inside the lid, along with a second seal: "Wellausstellung 1875 Wien Franz. Joseph I. Kaiser Osterreich N. Konig V. Bohmen Etc. Apost. Konig Ungara," circa 1875. Measures: 30" wide x 15"deep x 14" high. Song List:1. Le Juif errant. Valse by Burgmueller2. Le Barbier de Seville by Rossini3. La Gazza Cadra Ouverture by id.4. The moking Bird5. Rigoletto Coro nome by Verdi6. L'Ombre. Quand je monte escotte by Flotow. less
- 30ʺW × 15ʺD × 14ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.