Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This rare and magnificent Royal Vienna Porcelain vase is a work of tremendous artistry. Monumental in size and beauty, this ... moreThis rare and magnificent Royal Vienna Porcelain vase is a work of tremendous artistry. Monumental in size and beauty, this extravagant urn features a reproduction of Thomas Gainsborough's Mr. and Mrs. William Hallett (The Morning Walk), the painter's famed 1785 portrait of William Hallett and his wife, Elizabeth. Highly detailed and true to the original, this scene is set against an ombre backdrop, an effect achieved by exposing different areas of the piece to longer firing. Accented by a hand-painted, gilt foliate motif in a lush Art Nouveau style, this incredible vase epitomizes the exceptional porcelain genius for which Royal Vienna is known. Features Royal Vienna beehive mark, circa 1890, Measures: 44 1/2" high. For almost two centuries, the imperial and Royal porcelain factory Vienna, commonly referred to as Royal Vienna by collectors was the premier producer of porcelain in the region. Founded in 1718 by Claudius Innocentius Du Paquier, the factory was granted a "special privilege" for the exclusive right to produce porcelain in Austria. It was the second hard paste porcelain factory in Europe after Meissen. Du Paquier sold the factory to the Hapsburg court in 1744 and the Austrian royalty owned and operated the factory until it closed in 1864 at which time it was put under museum administration. After the factory closed, the royal government allowed several other factories to open in Austria and allowed them to buy molds from the Imperial and Royal factory and make reproductions of the famous factory's pieces. At one time or another, there have been 21 different factories or decorating studios in Vienna, Austria. less
- 12ʺW × 12ʺD × 44.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Art Nouveau
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.