This music box manufactured by Brémond, one of the most respected and talented makers of the era, demonstrates not just ... moreThis music box manufactured by Brémond, one of the most respected and talented makers of the era, demonstrates not just beauty and technical excellence, but sheer musical mastery. The outer case boasts a burr-walnut veneer with ebony borders and interior domed lid. This music box is dedicated to operatic overtures and also replicates the effect of a mandolin. Its 150 teeth provide more notes so it can play longer (slightly over two minutes) and reproduce faithfully every part of the original score. It plays an impressive four airs and has a combined change or repeat and tune selector. Earlier examples such as this are of outstandingly high quality and are much prized, with the overture musical box the most prized out of the many different types. Brémond's quality of work is reflected in the fact that in 1873 he was appointed manufacturer of music boxes to HRH the Prince of Wales-the future King Edward VII of England. circa 1880 "B.A. Bremond Manufacturer, Geneva, Switzerland" engraved on plaque Measures: 28 1/2" wide x 14" deep x 10" high. Reference: The Musical Box: A Guide for Collectors, 1995, Arthur W.J.G. Ord-Hume. less
- 28.5ʺW × 14ʺD × 10ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Unknown, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.