Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
These rare, early Celtic bronze axe heads were forged in northern Gaul during the late Bronze and early Iron ages ... moreThese rare, early Celtic bronze axe heads were forged in northern Gaul during the late Bronze and early Iron ages. Found in Longrave, Caen, France in 1929, these axes were crafted during a time in Europe when the use of copper and bronze tools coincided with great leaps in human development around the world. The possession of bronze tools and weapons, as opposed to those of stone, meant power, and individuals of high status attained and maintained their position by controlling the supply and exchange of copper alloy goods. Because of this association with power, many bronze items were buried with their owners or makers, or thrown in rivers and marshes as votive offerings. The discovery of artifacts from this era is always a cause for excitement, and to find such a large collection of beautifully preserved items on the market is quite momentous. The Celtic Iron Age roughly describes the period from about 800 BC until the Roman conquest of Britain and northern France around AD43. It was a time of huge social and economic change. It witnessed the end of the Bronze Age cycle of subsistence farming and the beginning of a more complex Europe, which in all its essentials was to change little until the age of exploration and the conquering of the oceans in the 16th Century. These axe heads were found in Longrave, Caen, France in 1929, circa 600 BC Each: 3" wide x 3" high. less
- 28.5ʺW × 3ʺD × 25.5ʺH
- 15th Century & Earlier
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.