Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A beautiful 18th century porcelain tête-à-tête tea service by the renowned KPM, the Royal Porcelain Manufactory in ... moreA beautiful 18th century porcelain tête-à-tête tea service by the renowned KPM, the Royal Porcelain Manufactory in Berlin, Germany. Crafted of the finest German porcelain, this delicate and intimate set is fashioned in a classical design, with Greco-Roman handles and gilt accents. Figures and symbols from classical antiquity are painted en grisaille, evoking a highly desirable sculptural quality found in neoclassical art. The set, comprised of coffee and tea pots, a sugar bowl and milk jug, two cups and saucers, and an oval serving tray, is perfect for an elegant tea while traveling or for a luxurious picnic. All pieces rest snugly in a marvelous two-tier leather carrying case lined with green silk, and each piece bears the KPM sceptre mark in blue underglaze. An exceptional and rare find, circa 1790. Measures: Tray: 12 3/4" length. Case: 15" wide x 12" deep x 8 ½" high. Tête-à-tête tea services are the rarest of the form. While most tea drinking has primarily been a social activity in Europe since the 18th century, the tête-à-tête service was meant for the very personal service of tea with only one other companion, with all the accompanying personal intimacies. less
- 15ʺW × 12ʺD × 8.5ʺH
- Mid 18th Century
- KPM Porcelain
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.