Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This impressive and rare British strong box is as versatile as it is beautiful. Crafted from a luxurious walnut veneer ... moreThis impressive and rare British strong box is as versatile as it is beautiful. Crafted from a luxurious walnut veneer, it can be used as a jewelry box, as a humidor for one’s finest cigars, or to secure other valuable trinkets and treasures. The box is embellished by elaborate decorative reinforcing brass “straps”, and the sides are fit with brass drop lifting handles to carry the box with ease. The rising top opens to allow the hinged front to fall, revealing an interior fitted with multiple trays and compartments. Within the box’s lid also lies a hidden compartment, offering the ultimate secret spot for one’s finest small pieces. Although found throughout the continent, strong boxes such as this one were found in greater numbers in England than anywhere else. While many were made in London between 1660 and 1720, few of this type have survived and are becoming increasingly rare. At their height of popularity, nobility used elaborate portable strong boxes such as this to travel between their various properties. Despite their precious appearance these boxes offered protection for valuables when traveling long distances. England, circa 1720 Measures: 11” high x 18” wide x 10 3/4” deep. less
- 18ʺW × 10.75ʺD × 11ʺH
- Mid 18th Century
- English Traditional
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.