Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This exceptionally rare double bed by Mercier Frères is beautifully carved in the elegant Louis XVI style. Crafted from luxurious ...
moreThis exceptionally rare double bed by Mercier Frères is beautifully carved in the elegant Louis XVI style. Crafted from luxurious mahogany, the bed displays highly detailed Neoclassical carving at the head and foot complemented by striking parquet panels. A work of monumental size and exceptional artistry, the bed's stately Neoclassicism results in a truly spectacular design.
The firm known from 1867 as Mercier Frères was established in 1828 by Claude Mercier A distinguished French design studio and furniture manufacturer, it was one of the leading French firms of the late 19th century and well into the 20th century, associated with designers such as François Linke. Suppliers to both the Spanish crown and Persian royal family, the firm exhibited at the Exposition des produits de l'industrie française in 1844 and 1849, and participated in most of the major international exhibitions of the latter half of the century.
The bed features a plaque engraved "AMEUBLEMENTS DE STYLE, Meubles, Sièges, Tentures, MERCIER FRERES, 100 FAUBOURG ST. ANTOINE, 100 PARIS"
67 1/4” wide x 88” length x 62 1/2” high less
- 88ʺW × 67.25ʺD × 62.25ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Maison Mercier Frères
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.