Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This stunning Meiji period silver censer is a work of exquisite detail. Crafted by renowned silversmith Masatoshi of Tokyo, the ... moreThis stunning Meiji period silver censer is a work of exquisite detail. Crafted by renowned silversmith Masatoshi of Tokyo, the censer, or incense burner, is raised on three masterfully formed claw feet, which extend upwards and culminate in three dragon faces that are cast on each side. In addition, the matted cover is adorned by Japanese lettering and beading, with an openwork finial surmounting the extraordinary form. Imbued with spiritual import, this impeccable censer is one of the finest examples of Meiji silver on the market today. During Japan's Meiji period (1868-1912), an incredibly diverse range of high quality metal arts was produced. During the latter half of the 19th century, and particularly after the prohibition of the wearing of swords in 1873, the boundaries inhibiting this most traditional Japanese Craft and its artists were lifted. Instead of fashioning swords and sword fittings for the aristocracy of Japan, artisans were encouraged to produce decorative arts. Sculpture gained a renewed recognition among the Japanese arts, while maintaining its exceptionally high quality, resulting in remarkable silver works such as this exceptional censer. Engraved on base with artist's signature, circa 1900. Measures: 10" high x 9" diameter. less
- 9ʺW × 9ʺD × 10ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.