Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This exceptional Irish games table is as functional as it is beautiful. Crafted of Cuban mahogany, it serves as a ... moreThis exceptional Irish games table is as functional as it is beautiful. Crafted of Cuban mahogany, it serves as a console table when not in use, but the top folds out to reveal a green baize playing surface, supported by a gate leg, perfect for evening card games. Places on the board are designated for cards and chips and a small drawer offers convenient storage. A gem of the Georgian style, this table's design is simple and elegant. A shell ornament graces the frieze and the front cabriole legs are adorned with ornate relief carving at the knees and terminate in lifelike ball-and-claw feet. The extreme socio-economic polarity that existed in Ireland for centuries resulted in a large population of poor and a small percentage of elite, with virtually no known middle class. This class structure was reflected in the furniture created during this time. While most did not have access to quality pieces, the privileged class commissioned furnishings, such as this remarkable table, that were unmatched in quality, crafted of the finest materials and exhibited an extraordinary level of artistry. Since few could afford such exceptional furnishings, not many were ever created, making this table an exceptional find, circa 1760. less
- 36.25ʺW × 36ʺD × 29.13ʺH
- Mid 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Table Shape
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.