This product is no longer available.
The Duke of Cumberland, later Ernst Augustus I, King of Hanover, commissioned this highly important silver-gilt inkwell by John Bridge ... moreThe Duke of Cumberland, later Ernst Augustus I, King of Hanover, commissioned this highly important silver-gilt inkwell by John Bridge of the renowned silversmiths Rundell & Bridge, Royal Silversmiths to the crown. This beautiful piece is fashioned in a water lily motif, exhibiting a subtle naturalistic design. Its stunning provenance is indicated by the engraved King of Hanover coat of arms. This item predates the duke's ascension to the throne of Hanover, as indicated by the initials EDC, for Ernest, Duke of Cumberland, below a coronet carved into the inkwell cover. 10" diameter. Hallmarked 1831 The Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale was the fifth son of King George III and uncle to Queen Victoria. His ascent to the throne of Hanover was due to his brothers' lack of legitimate heirs and to Salic law, which forbid a woman from becoming a Hanoverian monarch. The monarchies of Britain and Hanover had been linked since 1714, but at this point diverged. Queen Victoria subsequently demanded the return of the large collection of royal plate housed at the Hanoverian palace of Herrenhausen and Ernst Augustus refused to comply. He instead had all the plate engraved with the initials E.A Fs., for "Ernst Augustus Fidekommis" (entailed to the estate of Ernst Augustus.) The collection remained at Herrenhausen until 1924, when it was bought and dispersed by the London firm of Crichton Brothers. Reference: The Albert Collection: 500 years of British and European Silver, 2004, Robin Butler The Gilbert Collection of gold and silver, 1988, Timothy B. Schroder. less
- 10ʺW × 10ʺD × 2ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.