Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Boasting wonderfully grained and patinated mahogany of the highest caliber, this early Regency-period Pembroke table is attributed to the Gillows ... moreBoasting wonderfully grained and patinated mahogany of the highest caliber, this early Regency-period Pembroke table is attributed to the Gillows firm of Lancaster, England. From the quality of the mahogany and perfect proportionality, to the masterful wood work, every detail of this table suggests Gillows' skilled workmanship. The handsome top displays the Pembroke signature hinged flaps and rests upon a frieze featuring a working drawer on one side and a faux drawer on the other. A beautifully turned central column leads down to four elegantly swept reeded legs terminating in carved lion's paw feet. In terms of quality and condition, this is a fantastic specimen of Gillow's furniture. Founded in 1703 by Robert Gillow, the Gillows firm operated successfully as a family-owned business well into the 19th century. Originally operating from Lancaster, England, Gillows was especially noted for their quality of workmanship and innovative designs. No other firm in the country had managed to gain as far reaching and prestigious a level of patronage than that of the Gillows firm, primarily due to the quality and Classic nature of their furnishings. The Gillows firm was especially popular with the English nobility and with powerful religious figures throughout the country. Clients included the Earls of Wilton, the Duke of Norfolk, the Earl of Surrey and the Archbishop of York. Today, Gillows furnishings are held in the highest regard and the opportunity to acquire a piece attributed to this esteemed company is exceptional. Open: 29 1/2" wide x 24 1/2" deep x 28" high. Closed: 16 1/2" wide, circa 1815. less
- 29.5ʺW × 24.5ʺD × 28ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Table Base
- Table Shape
- Number of Leaves
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.