Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This exceptional and rare four-light cut-glass centerpiece by the renowned Apsley Pellatt is a work of tremendous skill and artistry ... moreThis exceptional and rare four-light cut-glass centerpiece by the renowned Apsley Pellatt is a work of tremendous skill and artistry. A symphony of delicate diamond-cut-glass, this light is topped with a flower vase center enclosing an intricate wheel-cut cameo, or sulphide, of Andromache, the wife of the Trojan Hector. Rosette accents, a conical stem and stepped circular foot complete this enchanting design. Apsley Pellatt glass featuring sulphides is very rare today. To find one of such exceptional beauty and quality is extraordinary. Sulphides, also known as “glass incrustations,” were a revolutionary development in glassmaking and Apsley Pellatt was at the forefront of its creation. In 1819, he took out a patent for this process of encasing a medallion in glass, which he called "crystallo ceramie," later called "Cameo Incrustation" and "Sulphides". In 1821, Apsley wrote a book about this process, Memoir on the Origin, Progress and Improvement of Glass Manufacture including. Glass Incrustations, which in 1849 was expanded and revised under the title "Curiosities of Glass-Making". A similar example of this incredible light is illustrated in this book, which states that the central vase was intended to hold real or artificial flowers. This piece was also exhibited at The Great Sulphide Show at The Corning Museum of Glass in New York in 1998, circa 1820. Measures: 15 1/4” high. less
- 13ʺW × 13ʺD × 15ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.