Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
The world-renowned elegance and artistry of Venetian glass are on full display in this beautiful chandelier. The six-light fixture is ... moreThe world-renowned elegance and artistry of Venetian glass are on full display in this beautiful chandelier. The six-light fixture is covered entirely with clear Venetian glass, with marvellous glass prisms, drops and bobeches glistening in the light created by this stunning fixture. The island of Murano is the primary location where fine Venetian glass is made. Murano glass chandeliers were first produced, circa 1700, though the island had been manufacturing glass since the 13th century. Since 1292, when Venetian glass companies had to relocate to Murano, an island located in its lagoon, for fear of fire, most of its population has lived by glass production. The art of glass was brought to the area by Byzantine craftsmen who came to the area from Constantinople, overrun first by crusaders, then by the Ottomans. By the 16th century, Venetian artisans had gained even greater control over the color and transparency of their glass and had mastered a variety of decorative techniques. They occupied an extremely high position in Venetian society, but in return, were often forced to remain within the city limits. Despite these efforts to keep Venetian glass making techniques within Venice, they became known elsewhere, and Venetian-style glassware was produced in other Italian cities and other countries of Europe. The Murano style became popular in Europe in the 19th century when other manufacturers produced chandeliers in the Murano style. circa 1900 Measures: 34" diameter x 55" high. less
- 34ʺW × 34ʺD × 55ʺL
- Early 20th Century
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.