This work by Linc Thelen, "Tinder", is a full blown expression of paint's power to become a tactile experience ...
moreThis work by Linc Thelen, "Tinder", is a full blown expression of paint's power to become a tactile experience. The merging of different media, oil paint, pastel and graphite, create a variety of textures and thicknesses, within the parameters of a single canvas.
Each nook of painting is an invitation to our senses. On the right side of the painting, we see a streak of unexpected red as well as a splash of black in the left corner. Thelen is also asking us to consider the impact variance of color has when we least expect it in a seemingly homogenous environment.
Linc Thelen’s abstractions are pleasant investigations into the formal issues of abstraction. His common forms are the circle, the line, the scallop, and the scribble. These forms construct Thelen’s composition, while his use of color and paint depict the mood of each work. Working mainly in medium to large scale works, Thelen paints spaces that envelope and engage the viewer.
His work has been featured in international publications from Israel, Greece, Italy, France, Germany and China. Linc Thelen is currently based in Chicago. less
- 46.75ʺW × 2.25ʺD × 47ʺH
- Linc Thelen
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This item is in excellent condition. Please contact us if you have any specific questions about the piece. This item is in excellent condition. Please contact us if you have any specific questions about the piece. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.