Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Decorative plate with human figure design by Hans Erni, printed by Matthey Beyrand Limoges France.
This stunning piece was created ... moreDecorative plate with human figure design by Hans Erni, printed by Matthey Beyrand Limoges France.
This stunning piece was created as a prototype for a line of porcelain Limoges dishes that was never released, resulting in an extremely limited edition. Here, Erni works in a shimmering mid-century-inspired palette of thoughtfully balanced warm and cool hues, seamlessly blending classical renderings of three-dimensional form with two-dimensional design. The porcelain is practically weightless, with a small wire looped securely through the back for effortless, professional-quality hanging.
About Hans Erni, artist laureate of Switzerland: "Strongly influenced by Mondrian, Kandinsky, Braque, Picasso, Calder and Moore, with whom he exhibited in Paris in the 1930s, Erni ... rank[ed] as the national artist of Switzerland ... All of Erni's recent works continue to reflect what the late Sir Herbert Read, the distinguished Harvard art professor and historian, characterized as 'certainly the most talented' and one of the 'very few artists in the Western World (who) have been brave enough to protest' the worldwide movement to eliminate humanism in art." (Printed in "Hans Erni: The Seventh Decade" exhibition catalogue by Riji Gallery, New York, 1981)
Erni exhibited extensively throughout Europe, appearing in prominent exhibitions in England, France, Poland and (at the time) West Germany, as well as in the United States and Japan.
Reference no. BRG35D325. less
- 8ʺW × 8ʺD × 0.25ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. Excellent condition. less
- Limoges, France
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.