Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Large-scale, technically precise geometric stripe painting in blue, white, grey and yellow, on five separate panels, by Worcester, MA artist ... moreLarge-scale, technically precise geometric stripe painting in blue, white, grey and yellow, on five separate panels, by Worcester, MA artist Terri Priest (1928-2014). Best-known for her paintings that updated Vermeer's women, Priest painted abstract canvases in the 1960s and early 1970s that can best be described as politically motivated Op Art employing Albers' and Itten's color theory. A vigorous and active proponent of civil rights, Priest's canvases contain a black line for every white (or non-black) line. The pulsating visual effects include the eye sensing more colors in the work "one plus one is equal to more than two" as she put it. An educator as well as an artist, Priest's work has been shown worldwide and is in the permanent collections of the Worcester Art Museum, the De Cordova Museum and the California College of Arts and Crafts. The Art Museum at Holy Cross, where she taught for 17 years, had a retrospective of her career in 2005. The present work, an acrylic on five unframed canvas panels, with wraparound edges, reflects contemporary work by Frank Stella or Bridget Riley. Priest's precise lines are painted free-hand; she began experimenting with optical art in 1961, before Op Art became packaged as an art movement. The first panel (on the left) is signed and dated 1971; the others are signed T. Priest and numbered sequentially. Each panel measures 6' tall x 3' wide. less
- 180ʺW × 2ʺD × 72ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Condition Notes
- Excellent original condition with only very minor wear consistent with age and use. Excellent original condition with only very minor wear consistent with age and use. less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.