In this oil painting, we see mystery's veil shrouding our vision. "Scattered Floes" is a more than appropriate title for ...
moreIn this oil painting, we see mystery's veil shrouding our vision. "Scattered Floes" is a more than appropriate title for this work, Nicholas Kriefall evokes the experience of floating sheets of ice in a perfect manner. There is blend of white, blue and black; these are all colors of this natural circumstance. The purity of the ice, the purity of the water underneath and the blackness which occurs when the two are met, and turn into one. It speaks to the natural way of how things change, develop and inevitably come together as one.
This piece is currently on display in the gallery and will be available for delivery the week of November 13, 2017.
Nicholas Kriefall is a contemporary American painter. His works give way to a distinct feeling of something struggling to come through to the surface. Kriefall achieves tension with his use of dense layering and rich colors. The eerie sense of instability creeping through each work describe the terror and beauty of nature’s uncertain behaviors. Kriefall pushes Romantic attitudes towards fear and awe, as described by Edmund Burke and Immanuel Kant, to a new threshold. He reexamines the language used, making it startlingly new and finding a place for it in the contemporary world.
Kriefall has had solo shows at Hue Gallery of Contemporary Art in Wichita (2017), Metropolitan Square Building (2016, 2015, 2014) and Hoffman LaChance Contemporary in St. Louis (2011). His work has been exhibited in group shows at Soulard Art Gallery in St. Louis (2017, 2013), Pryor Fine Art in Atlanta (2014) and Old Orchard Gallery in St. Louis (2013). Kriefall is currently based out of St. Louis, Missouri. less
- 36ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 35.87ʺH
- Nicholas Kriefall
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Oil Paint
- Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This item is in excellent condition. Please contact us if you have any specific questions about the piece. This item is in excellent condition. Please contact us if you have any specific questions about the piece. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.