"Day At the Park" brings a multitude of worlds together on one plane. This painting, a profession of color, exudes ...
more"Day At the Park" brings a multitude of worlds together on one plane. This painting, a profession of color, exudes playfulness, calm and joy. Strong and vibrant, the colors work together in their community because of their exuberant self-confidence. The mixture of painted and paper cutout curves in the foreground add to the growing site of excitement present. The paper cutouts in the back bubble through to the surface.
Her current work focuses on fluid lines within the context of a multilayered ground. A lifelong resident of Los Angeles, Maura Segal has been deeply inspired by the surrounding landscape and way of life. From the sun-drenched hues of the southern California palette to the endless network of intertwining urban roads and intersections, her work distills the experience of life in the urban landscape.
Segal uses collaged fields of various papers, both new and vintage, to create the subtle shifts in
the background plane. Against this transformed canvas, she uses acrylic paints and masking materials to make composite shapes and negative spaces that draw on organic forms of motion and structure. The process creates a sense of balance, movement, and vibrancy that reflects the personal within the context of the universal.
Segal received her BFA in Graphic Design from California State University. In 2015, she was commissioned to make a piece for the Martin Luther King Jr Community Hospital in Los Angeles. Maura Segal’s work has been shown in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Singapore. less
- 36ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 36ʺH
- Maura Segal
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Acrylic Paint
- Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This item is in excellent condition. Please contact us if you have any specific questions about the piece. This item is in excellent condition. Please contact us if you have any specific questions about the piece. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.