"Rock Me Twice" by Amanda Gentry articulates the theme of serious play. Monumental and leaning towards the sky, the two ...
more"Rock Me Twice" by Amanda Gentry articulates the theme of serious play. Monumental and leaning towards the sky, the two spires are the afterimage of two cathedral pillars Gentry sees outside her home and studio. These two cathedral towers are Gentry's halfway point between her home and artistic practice. By surrendering "Rock Me Twice" to the elements of different temperamental glazes and atmospheric wood or gas firings, the work is exposed to constituents Gentry has no control over. The artist also introduces the work to the idea of motion; the work is meant to be rocked. The work, then, is an accumulative meditation on time, environment and artistic interaction.
Amanda Gentry’s work is the merger of a technical and emotional ceramicist. Infusing each work with impeccable craft to underlie the specificity of each form, Gentry creates sculptures filled with care and intimacy. Assembled from flat pieces, then smoothed through sanding, she forms curved bases that gently sway with a subdued playfulness. These inflated shapes are both strong and pillowy, a reminder that softness can be strength as well.
Amanda Gentry received her BFA in Design from Boston University, College of Fine Arts, where she minored in Sculpture and Art History. She has had solo shows at Brainforest Gallery, Hyde Park Art Center, Lillstreet Annex Gallery, and a two-person show at Matthew Rachman Gallery. Amanda Gentry is a MANA Contemporary artist and lives and works in Chicago. less
- 13.5ʺW × 6.5ʺD × 21ʺH
- Amanda Gentry
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Terra Cotta
- Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This item is in excellent condition. Please contact us if you have any specific questions about the piece. This item is in excellent condition. Please contact us if you have any specific questions about the piece. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.