Mr. Sakwa (American, born 1950) has written this about these bowls:
"The current piece for sale is a Wild Lilac ... moreMr. Sakwa (American, born 1950) has written this about these bowls:
"The current piece for sale is a Wild Lilac Lotus Bowl and if ever there was an object that contributed to my success and recognition as a wood turner - this is it. These bowls provided the most challenging objects to turn with their massive fissures (natural to the ceanothus burl), pits, checks, buried rocks and dirt stealing the turning tools out of my hands or simply flying apart spinning at 1000 rpm. But, I lived to tell the tale suffering only a few minor injuries along the way, rewarded with a handful of surviving bowls that found their way into numerous private and public collections, as well as many books on the art and craft of the turned object."
Measurements: Height - 4 1/2 inches Diameter - 9 inches
Examples of his work are in the collections of:
The Museum of Modern Art, NYC
Museum of Art and Design, NYC
Mint Museum Charlotte, NC
Minneapolis Institute of Art
De Young Museum San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Oakland Museum of Art
Yale University Art Museum
Arizona State Art Museum
Nora Eccles Harrison Museum Logan, UT less
- 9ʺW × 9ʺD × 4.5ʺH
- Hap Sakwa
- Hap Sakwa
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent. Excellent. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.