Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
The architectural case with triangular pediment enriched with three gilt vase-shaped finials, cast with foliage and fruiting swags; the tympanum ... moreThe architectural case with triangular pediment enriched with three gilt vase-shaped finials, cast with foliage and fruiting swags; the tympanum centers a gilt cartouche mount. Plain entablature above a glazed door flanked by three-quarter columns with Corinthian capitals. Half-columns at the rear and with glazed rectangular side panels. All raised on four talon & pomegranate feet, Retains the Ronald A. Lee Exhibition label on the inside of the solid back door. The 8-day striking movement is quite substantial. There are seven ringed and baluster-turned pillars, all pinned to the backplate. Large twin fusees and flanged spring barrels. The verge escapement has the unique feature of a backcock roller cage, an anti-friction bearer pivoting the verge arbor. This is one of four known clocks with this early feature. The pendulum retains its original very small bob. The numbered countwheel has a rose engraved centre and is mounted high on the backplate. Large vertical bell, the stand mounted to the front plate. The backplate signed Edwardus East, Londini in an arc. The rectangular dial is 7 7/8 x 8 ½ inches and has a line border with an engraved Tudor rose in the center of the matted ground. The blued steel hands appear to be original. The winding holes are shuttered. The dial has a narrow chapter ring with Roman numeral hours and Arabic five-minute numbers with fleur-de-lis type half-hour markers. The reverse of the chapter ring has the “matchstick man” foundry mark. less
- 14.5ʺW × 6.5ʺD × 21ʺH
- 17th Century
- English Traditional
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.