Swedish Grace Biedermeier Satinwood Sofa circa 1920 freshly upholstered in a handsome lichen green linen with two custom rolled pillows ... moreSwedish Grace Biedermeier Satinwood Sofa circa 1920 freshly upholstered in a handsome lichen green linen with two custom rolled pillows. Because the sofa is deep it is extremely comfotrable to sit, lounge and nap upon! This classic Biedermeier design appeared in the early 1800's in Germany and Austria where its curvaceous form captivated clients with its elegant low slung appeal. Please notice how the two arms flare up and out from the base to reach a gently rounded top where an arm may comfortably rest. The form of the arms refer back to the ancient form of a cornucopia denoting the bounty of nature. While we may not immediately see this reference the clients who flocked to Biedermeier furnishings were well aware of the Classical allusions from which the Biedermeier style took its inspiration. As this sofa was designed to be seen from both sides as well as the front it is beautifully finished with recessed panels on the sides as well as handsomely splayed legs that support the sofa as well as provoding a proper proportion to the eye. Subtle but telling details reveal the superb craftsmanship of this sofa including the raised moulding at the front of the arms, the applied carvings of palmettes seen in the centre of the arm fronts as well as the slight projection forward in the apron placed precisely above each of the front splayed legs. This Biedermeier style sofa has been freshly upholstered in a solid coloured linen with a tight seat and back as well as a pair of circular pillows tucked under each arm. The sculptural appeal of this sofa and its wonderful ly comfortable seating ability give it the power to be a statement piece within either a modern or traditional interior. The term "Swedish Grace" refers to the heyday of Neoclassical Beidermeier revival in Sweden in the early 20th century when quality examples of Biedermeier furnishings were made for both the domestic and export market. less
- 90ʺW × 28.5ʺD × 37.5ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use.
Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seat Height
- 19.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.