The classic shape of this antique French painted chest of drawers circa 1870 with a marble top is recognizable as ... moreThe classic shape of this antique French painted chest of drawers circa 1870 with a marble top is recognizable as Louis Philippe in origin. The top drawer has a curved profile known as a "cavetto" after the original Italian description and is used extensively in furnishings crafted during the reign of Louis Philippe (1830-1848). This is a special Louis Philippe chest as it has a total of five drawers. The top drawer with it curved shape opens with a key while the three central drawers are each opened with the solid cast iron pulls. Set between the shaped feet (another hallmark of the Louis Philippe style) is a drawer that is accessed by pulling gently on the underside. When closed the drawer seems to disappear as it is an unusual placement in a chest to find a drawer. Notice the handsome moulding that surrounds the three centre drawers reminiscent of that seen on cabinetry. The gently rounded convex shape frames the drawers in a lovely manner and amplifies the use of curved shapes seen elsewhere on the chest including the curved corners of the antique marble top. The painted finish has most likely been refreshed over the years and shows a pleasingly distressed appearance. Please be sure to enlarge and zoom on each of the photographs to see the individual details that give this Louis Philippe chest its timeless appeal. less
- 49ʺW × 21.5ʺD × 38ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age and use. Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.